Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ode to Gyro

I miss you Gyro!!!!
You aren't allowed to move.
Tell the folks in charge
that they're messing with your groove.

You need to stay in this city
not go away to some rural locale
I don't wish for you go away
and learn to milk a cow.

Yeah, I know I can't rhyme.
But surely you get my drift
I don't want you in Wisconsin
I don't want your home to shift.

Trig will no longer be any fun;
Silvia and Lonnie do agree.
We are sorry that you have to leave;
The thought fills us with no glee.

And so I wish to you
a happy holiday
whether you re very near
Or rather far away.

Bye Gyro! Keep in touch!
Love,
Your insane friend

(Note: Gyro is a friend of mine who was in the trigonometry class I took at the local community college. She's not going there any more, because she's moving to Wisconsin after Christmas.)

No comments: